Product Compliance Manager
Bitstamp is the original cryptocurrency exchange.
We started small in 2011, with just two laptops and big aspirations. Fast forward to today and we have grown to serve over 4 million clients across the globe, who benefit from our commitment to security, transparency and regulation. Whether it’s through our intuitive web and mobile apps or arsenal of industry-leading APIs, Bitstamp is where crypto enters the world of finance.
Our success is a result of the innovative ideas, talented individuals, and passion of our team. Together, we have helped shaped the crypto industry and continue to do so. We are always on the lookout for new talent and crypto-curious thinkers who share our passion for the future of finance.
The Compliance team based in Luxembourg is looking for a Product Compliance Manager to advise and support the business on new products and services. This individual contributor role will report to the Head of Regulatory and Product Compliance, and will work closely with Compliance Operations, ICT Governance, Legal, and Product Managers.
The benefits of Life at Bitstamp
- Work from home or other location that allows you to be most productive.
- Generous home-office allowances upon joining to help set up your home space.
- Incentives: Financial Rewards, Bitstamp Employee Annual Awards, Employee Incentive program (EIP) etc.
- Sports and cultural activities, pet-friendly offices, a full fridge, teambuilding events, Bitstamp parties.
What you'll do
- Generate a product compliance plan, with joint efforts from cross functions to ensure it is managed in accordance with the business’s objectives, and that best practices are embedded in the current and emerging products and services launched by the company.
- Provide subject matter expertise to relevant stakeholders as the main point of contact for Product Compliance.
- Advise and consult with ICT Governance and IT teams on the launch of new products & services.
- Contribute to the Business Impact Assessment process to assess the compliance risks inherent to new products, assets, and services.
- Work alongside the Head of Regulatory and Product Compliance to provide subject matter expert advice on the anti-money laundering/counter terrorism financing control framework
- Support the Regulatory and Product Compliance team on the management of the internal policy framework, including regulatory developments, manuals and procedures.
On day one you'll bring
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience in the Regulatory Compliance division of a financial institution as part of the second-line of defense.
- Proven knowledge of relevant legal frameworks, particularly in respect of Payments, PSD2, EBA Guidelines and Regulatory Technical Standards.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (mandatory).
- Initiative driven and proactive approach when developing the role position
- Ability to effectively organize allocated work activities and plan workload, with good execution credentials.
Something looks off?