Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a highly motivated attorney to join a growing corporate legal team for an innovative company with a focus on domestic and international corporate law, SEC disclosure and M&A. You will partner with the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate Governance, and will be expected to work on all things corporate as Circle prepares to become a public company.
What you'll work on:
- Supporting the Board of Directors by preparing Board and committee materials, drafting minutes and providing guidance on corporate governance and compensation matters.
- Assisting with potential “going public” SEC process and eventual preparation of 10-Ks, 10-Q, 8-Ks, proxy statements, registration statements and Section 16 filings, in close partnership with our finance team.
- Managing corporate secretarial, governance and other legal matters relating to domestic and international subsidiaries.
- Performing due diligence and reviewing and drafting documentation for M&A and other corporate or investment transactions.
- Identifying issues in transaction documentation and deal processes.
- Supporting the building out of our public company policies, practices and processes.
- Researching legal issues related to corporate governance, M&A, corporate venture or other programs.
- Providing legal support for corporate finance and securities transactions at Circle as well as investments in other crypto and/or fintech companies.
- Supporting our investor relations and communications teams.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Juris Doctor degree and active law license in at least one state in good standing.
- 4+ years experience, preferably at a combination of in-house and AmLaw 100 law firm.
- 1934 Act expertise and experience with corporate transactions.
- Organization, attentiveness, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A solution-oriented and pragmatic approach in legal and transactional advice.
- Flexibility and willingness to roll up sleeves to take on different types of projects in a quickly scaling company in order to support the broader legal team as needs arise.
- Experience in supervising and coordinating outside legal counsel and other advisors.
- Intellectual curiosity with cryptocurrency, blockchain, and stablecoin technology.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Boston, MA. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $135,000 - $180,000
Annual Bonus Target: 12.50%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?