Legal Counsel (TH)
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
What you'll do
- Provide clear and actionable counsel to the business on a broad range of legal and regulatory issues involving transactional, operational, and risk-related matters.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but the compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company's long-term strategy for business.
- Provide innovative legal solutions for complex projects involving new technologies to support commercial objectives including the analysis and advice on new regulatory guidance in the fintech industry such as BOT, SEC, AMLO related.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, such as but not limited to vendor contracts and investment agreements.
- Assist in handling corporate housekeeping as necessary.
- Serve as part of a multi-jurisdiction legal team.
- Assist in the regulatory affairs of several jurisdictions, such as but not limited to SG, HK, TH, and China.
- Lead, guide, and drive licensing efforts and eliminating regulatory and operational blockers by collaborating with cross-functional teams internally and engaging with regulators.
What we expect from you
- Qualified legal counsel (in a common law jurisdiction) with 5 to 7 years of legal experience in general corporate, M&A, regulatory compliance, and/or dispute resolution practices.
- Substantial experience in executing, developing, and successfully providing legal support for international expansion.
- Substantial experience translating complex, new regulatory guidance into actionable business guidance for market expansion strategies.
- Proven track record in leading/driving licensing efforts and working as part of a cross-functional team to launch new operations, products, and business lines.
- Excellent judgment, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- A good team player and enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for payments and cryptocurrency and requires minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English with outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Must be located in Thailand.
See more open positions at Coins.ph
Something looks off?