2d Artist - Video Games
Posted on Friday, October 7, 2022
At InfiniGods, we are redefining the way people play games through digital ownership. Our team of gaming industry veterans brings real experience in building and scaling games that millions of people have enjoyed. Our mission is to bring this same passion to build blockchain games for everyone.
We are a venture-backed company looking to grow quickly. Join us in building the InfiniGods Universe!
In this role you’ll create 2d game assets such as buildings, units (characters, vehicles, animals, creatures, etc.), terrain and props, as well as UI elements as needed. This position can also include animation (Spine) for the right candidate. The ideal candidate has some previous experience making art for 2d games or similar media.
- Researching references and resources required to produce art assets for video games and websites
- Sketching concept designs and key elements of the visual style
- Creating a variety of 2d game assets
- Creating textures for 3d game assets
- Designing promotional materials, packages, posters and art for websites, social media and printed material
- Problem solving both creative and technical issues
- Adhering to the production schedule
- Adhering to the target look and feel of the game
- Curating and cataloging of the asset library
- Liaising with project leads (designers, lead artist, art director, lead developer)
- Attending regular art and staff meetings
- Command of the English language
- Understanding of lighting and shading, perspective, materials, color, spatial relationships
- Strong drawing skills, ability to visualize and design from abstract ideas
- Knowledge of game genres and current trends in gaming
- Ability to communicate ideas visually
- Systematic and logical work practices
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised for some period of time
- Self-motivation and disciplined work habits
- Ability to take on constructive criticism and delivering amendments based on feedback
- Ability to produce under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, and familiarity with the principles of animation
- Familiarity with Unity
- Familiarity with 3d software package (Blender, Maya, 3dStudio, ZBrush)
Entry level candidates will be considered but will be required to complete an art test.
We strongly encourage POC, people with disabilities, and people of minority sexualities and gender identities, such as gay and transgender individuals, to apply. We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
See more open positions at InfiniGods
Something looks off?