Security Culture Lead
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the position:
Parity is looking for a talented and experienced individual to join to own all user security culture across our globally distributed and high profile organisation. We are looking for someone who has strong and demonstrable experience of influencing people without authority, as well as being the voice for their cause (whatever that cause may be) within an organisation which consists of industry leading talent.
We are not looking for strong blockchain or IT security experience that can be learned, we are looking for someone with the gravitas and interpersonal skills to lead a small team to effectively have security culture percolating to all of Parity’s people. To effectively influence and guide them to move progressively from habit, to practise, then praxis and eventually reach, maintain and develop security culture. Ex Military, nursing, threat/crisis management, sports coaching or a myriad of other backgrounds could be effective in this role, we’re open to various types of profile, what we do need though is demonstrable experience of influencing groups of people without the advantage of authority.
You will lead the team of 2 or 3 security trainers so there is some leadership element to the role, however the main focus of the role will be to positively influence the different teams across Parity.
- You are a person with a mixture of charm, diplomacy and assertiveness, and empathy with a diverse and sometimes extreme personality. Our people are world leaders in their field and to get to this point they generally have strong opinions which need to be effectively navigated.
- You have experience in leading and mentoring teams.
- You have a background in medical, military, sports coaching sector and/or have experience in threat/ crisis management
- You have a proven track record of successes in developing people and helping them to grow within the organisation
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
For those joining us as employees in Germany, Portugal, or the U.K.:
- 28 paid vacation days per year
- Work laptop (macOS or Linux-based) and equipment to enable you to work successfully
- £2,500 yearly learning and development budget for conferences or courses of your choice
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're still excited to receive your application and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Something looks off?