Vice President Digital Marketing
VP Digital Marketing Polkadot
Worldwide remote, ideally not more than +/-7 hours from CET
Parity is the pioneer in providing the most enterprise-ready and consumer-ready platform of tools and technologies for Web3. Led by Founder and CEO, Gavin Wood, whohimself coined the term Web3 back in 2014, Parity brings together a global team of people who share a passion and purpose: to create a fairer internet where users control their own data, identity and destiny, putting power back into the hands of the individual. Web3 is a new, foundational architecture for this next generation of the web, bringing with it an entire ecosystem of innovation that will shape countless aspects of our lives over the coming decades. Already recognized as one of the driving forces behind Web3, Parity has the largest ecosystem of Web3 developers on the planet, and the broadest coverage of institutional investors in the space.
“I think this is a foundational technology change, a new architecture for building an entirely new generation of computing systems…It’s as foundational an architecture shift as the ones from mainframes to PCs,from PCs to web, from web to mobile, or from traditional software to AI. It’s a fundamental shift and building this out is a 25- to 30-year process.”
Marc Andreessen, Interviewed for the McKinsey Quarterly, June 2022
VP Digital Marketing - Role overview:
As a key leader in Parity’s marketing team, you drive digital marketing programs to evangelise Web3 and blockchain, motivate founders, enterprises, builders and developers to join the web3 movement and build on Polkadot
You will build and grow a world class digital marketing team that collaborates with and leverages the large Polkadot community to creates and capture demand for Polkadot. With your track record and experience, you will steer the efforts to create high value content that is widely distributed, sparking interest and engagement in our target audiences at scale, followed by seamless customer journeys that capture and convert the demand.
Reporting into the CMO, your responsibilities cover all digital functions including content creation and integrated demand generation campaigns, performance marketing and SEO, email-nurture flows, the evolution of the Polkadot webpages, database and lead management and the entire marketing tech stack.
This is an opportunity for an experienced global Digital Marketing Leader who is looking for the next challenge in one of the most exciting areas of technology.
- Build, lead and grow a world class digital marketing team, drive strong collaboration with the other marketing functions, the community and across the company
- Create high value, engaging content sought after and reshared by our target audience, feeding the “dark channels” and creating demand at scale
- Define and run multi-touch and cross-channel digital demand generation campaigns providing frictionless customer journeys with strong CTAs
- Build and maintain a superior and high performing set of webpages and landing pages optimised for education and conversion, integrating Polkadot features and showcasing projects built on Polkadot
- Explore and assess new digital marketing channels for strong performance in our target audiences, tune content, message, formats and promotion tactics to each channel for maximum impact
- Manage the paid marketing budget for maximum return, define and deliver real-time reporting on performance metrics
- Drive a data-driven performance culture and practice: constantly testing and optimising banners, taglines, formats, landing pages and the channel mix including successful retargeting strategies based on data
- Grow and enhance the contact and lead database as a foundation for personalised, targeted outreach thru profiling, segmentation, enrichment and implementation of advanced data models, attributes and ingestion and processing of a wide range of intend signals
- Implement and align nurture- and email-marketing strategies including newsletter distribution and one-off email blasts across the company,, ensuring a growing number of opt-ins and high open and click rates of all email communications
- Build out and run a state of the art Martech stack that includes management of the crm and email marketing system (hubspot), implementing a new web page infrastructure and toolset including a new Content Management platform, 3rd party platform integrations, digital analytics tools
- Define the strategy for a cookieless future including assessing the use of a CDP
- Ensure that all digital marketing efforts are fully compliant with regulatory requirements and internal high standards regarding storage and usage of user data
- 10+ years work experience in digital marketing for multiple geographies and audiences, ideally in the B2B SaaS or technology business, minimum 5 years in international people leadership roles, including managing remote team members
- Experience and successful track record from driving the entire spectrum of digital marketing including web, performance, email/nurture and martech stack
- Proven track record of optimising paid, driving growing share of organic, measurable outcomes impacting business performance
- Ability to put together frictionless custom journeys
- Experience in relaunching complex webpages from the ground up and migrating web pages to new CMS platforms
- Data driven, knows all KPIs
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, and open environment.
- Experience in working with digital products, software and/or technology.
- Ability to work on products that require synthesising a large volume of technical and complex information and distilling it down to effective, approachable communication.
- Proven track record working in cross-functional teams with designers, marketers, and business development.
- Proven collaboration and project management skills.
- Excellent internal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
Further Relevant Experience:
Familiarity with the Web3 and blockchain world, open-source software and communities.
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energizing and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
Something looks off?