Travel & Events Lead
Travel & Events Lead
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
About the team
The Operations department at Parity supports the critical business mission of making “Polkadot the most active and innovative community building the future decentralised web” and acts as a service partner to all Parity teams, delivering crucial support to the business, so that the mission can be achieved.
As a Travel & Events Lead, you will be leading the Travel & Events team, one of four teams within Ops, currently consisting of three members and delivering high-quality internal event experiences that reflect Parity’s values and facilitate impactful in-person collaboration.
People in our collective are:
- Highly motivated to contribute to Parity’s mission and be part of something bigger
- Excited to work on projects that are groundbreaking and complex
- Autonomous workers that self-initiate, but also collaborate well with others
- Taking maximum accountability and having minimum ego at work
- Comfortable with chaos and adapting to the ever-changing Web3 space
- Continuously educating themselves about Parity and the wider ecosystem
About the position
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for Parity’s travel and (internal) events roadmap
- You will line manage the work of travel and events managers
- You will act as programme manager overseeing Team Retreats and identifying continuous areas of improvement
- You will be responsible for the success of Parity’s company-wide retreats, including research events and creating proposals for potential locations and content to consider
- You will work on improvements and optimisation of travel processes, including working closely with the Business Automation team
- You will create new and maintain existing relationships with external event and travel agencies
- You will create processes for planning and delivery of other internal events as required, for example, local social events
- You will support delivering new initiatives within the Operations team and contribute to recognizing company’s operational needs
- You will report to the Operations Manager, and collaborate to identify internal events objectives, goals, and key performance indicators.
- Some travel, mostly within Europe, will be required for this role (on average, two to four days per month, though note this is variable).
- 5+ years of experience in travel and events, with at least 2 years in a lead role
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in managing travel logistics, booking, and/or support
- You have at least 2 years’ experience planning and delivering events from 5 to 500 people
- You possess great leadership skills with a proven track record of experience in people management
- You have a proven track record of project management, with an understanding of, and ability to apply, various project methodologies (Agile, Prince2, etc)
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management, project planning, and organisational skills
- You have experience in a fast-paced and growing tech startup environment, with interest in Web3 space and its values; experience with a High Performing Team Culture is a bonus
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high speed of execution in a loosely structured, fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment
- Experience with globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international offices of various sizes
- Experience of software tools such as Asana and Trello and a proven record of working with agile methods and platforms like GitHub, Zube etc
About working for us:
For everyone who joins us:
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research
- Remote-first, global working environment with flexible hours
- Collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating culture, designed to mimic an open source workflow
- Energising and collaborative team and company retreats all over the world
- Opportunity to learn more about Web3 while on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in this space; we have plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, all-hands, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- Teammates who are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission
- Opportunity to relocate to Germany or Portugal
Those joining our collective as an employee in Germany, Portugal, and the U.K. also enjoy benefits such as health care, parental leave, PTO (28 days per year), local team events, yearly L&D budget, and language classes.
Parity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity in our global team and care about everyone in our collective feeling included and welcome.
View our Applicant Notice to see how we use your data.
Is this position not quite your match? Browse our other open roles.
Something looks off?