Operational Risk Analyst
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
Diversity is at the heart of who we are at Xapo Bank. We’re a fully distributed team of over 200 talented people that work remotely from 50+ countries around the world.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow. We are committed to changing the way things are done.
To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Join our remote team of dreamers and doers as we take Xapo Bank to the next level
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
The Operational Risk Analyst, reporting into the Chief Risk Officer, is responsible for leading efforts into identifying, assessing and monitoring the amount of risk that the business is exposed to. The role will work closely with the various teams in Chief Operating Officer function, creating risk mitigation strategies with the aim of maximising gains while reducing risks.
- Develop, implement and maintain an operational risk management framework including processes for the identification, collection and analysis of operational risks.
- Set risk appetite, policies and standards with regard to operational risks.
- Ensure the organisation’s operational risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and evaluate plans to introduce new products and supporting operations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive third party risk management program to ensure adequate oversight of third party relationships
- Develop key operational risk indicators and provide regular reporting to senior management and the board detailing operational risk exposures and performance against risk appetite
- Maintain a risk register and inventory of controls and make recommendations to reduce or control risk.
- Manage enterprise-wide document library and provide assistance in the development and updating of policies and procedures
- Analyse root causes and trends that could lead to heightened risk, and assist management in implementing corrective actions
- Study regulation and legislation directly affecting the company.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with stress situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics
- 5+ years’ experience in Banking and the Operational Risk field
- Experience in Quantitative Analysis and Risk Modelling
- Strong project management, numeracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Operational Risk certification or similar industry accepted certifications
- A dedicated workspace.
- Based within LATAM, Europe, Africa or Asia.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
Something looks off?